Guest Safety and Wellbeing Protocols
Our comprehensive strategies based on the latest guidance include utilizing hospital-grade cleaners and best practices designed to prevent the spread of viruses. These strategies will be updated regularly to reflect the most current technology available. On a daily basis, we are working to ensure the highest standards of hygiene and cleanliness for our guests' overall safety. Our guests can relax and enjoy their vacation.
- Temperature checks - Prior to starting their work shifts all employees will have their temperature taken. Employees temperatures that continually trend higher or that are equal to or greater than 100.4°F degrees shall be sent home for medical attention.
- Illness - All staff are to stay home if they are sick or exhibiting symptoms of illness. They will be sent home if symptoms develop during their shifts.
- Social Distancing - We have implemented social distancing measures in all public, and back-of-house areas (behind the scenes) of the hotel.
- Personal Protection Equipment - All hotel associates are required to wear face masks and gloves. Guests are encouraged to do so as well.
- Sanitizer Stations- Hand sanitizer has been provided throughout public, and back-of-house areas of the hotel for associates to use.
- Hand Hygiene - Associates have been trained and are reminded to conduct proper and frequent hand washing with soap and water and in situations where soap /water is not available alcohol-based sanitizer shall be used. Hand washing is mandatory
- BEFORE: shift, eating food,
- AFTER: use of the bathroom, nose blowing, coughing, sneezing, handling guest credit cards or other guest possessions, handling garbage, and
- BEFORE/DURING/AFTER: all food preparation
- In conjunction with the CDC and WHO standards we have worked with our suppliers to source virus-killing products that have been approved by the United States Environmental Protection Agency or other country's equivalent agency. We have been careful to select products that are safe for both our employees to administer and for our guests to be in contact with, minimizing the risk of allergic reactions. Our normal high standards of cleaning will now include even higher standards for disinfecting high touch surfaces and items such as tables, countertops, handrails, furniture, doorknobs, handles, light switches, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, sinks, etc.
- Bed linens, towels, robes and other laundered items will be transported to and from the cleaning facility in sealed bags. All items will be washed and dried at the appropriate temperature with the correct detergent/disinfectant in compliance with CDC and manufacturer recommendations.
- We will increase the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting public areas with special attention to elevator cabs/buttons and button panels, restrooms, pool areas, fitness centers, courtyards, parking lot gate/doors. All high-touch public area surfaces such as handrails and door handles, toilets, faucets, sinks, ice machines, gym equipment, etc. will be wiped down with appropriate disinfectants. Touch less hand sanitizer stations have been placed in key areas throughout the hotel including hotel entrances, front desk, fitness center, pool and elevator landings.
Guest RoomsHousekeeping will maintain the practice of daily service. However, guests may request that housekeeping services be delayed up to a maximum of 3 days. During the time that housekeeping services are performed, we ask that guests vacate the room in order to practice social distancing and other safety protocols. Cleaning and disinfecting protocols will require that particular attention is paid to high-touch, hard nonporous items including television remote controls, toilet seats and handles, door and furniture handles, water faucet handles, nightstands, telephones, in-room control panels, light switches, temperature control panels, alarm clocks and luggage racks. Certain decorative high touch items, including decorative pillows, bed throws and runners, may be removed from the rooms if we feel we are unable to properly disinfect them during routine housekeeping services.
If we are alerted to a case of COVID-19 at the hotel, we will immediately coordinate with the relevant health authorities to obtain facts and guidance on steps to take with both guests and associates. We will perform additional cleaning and disinfecting protocols for the common areas of the hotel as well as the areas we know the guest has been during their stay. In addition, we will seal the guest's room (e.g., preventing entry by staff or others) and perform a room recovery protocol that is designed to disinfect everything in the room.
Fitness CenterThe fitness room will be outfitted with a disinfecting station providing equipment wipes, hand sanitizer, and a spray bottle filled with disinfectant to further clean equipment. Signage will encourage guests to wipe down equipment before and after use. All equipment and devices will be cleaned and disinfected on frequent schedule paying special attention to high touch and areas that may contact sweat. Equipment layouts have been adjusted to accommodate social distancing guidelines.
LobbyFront desk agents will practice social distancing to ensure separation between employees whenever possible. All front desk agents will utilize appropriate PPE including gloves, face mask and desktop sneeze guards. Guests will be encouraged to use contact less payment methods. All guest touch points will be disinfected after each transaction, including credit card devices, pens, registration countertops and room keys.
Pool AreaPool attendants will utilize appropriate PPE and practice social distancing while preforming their duties. Pool furniture layouts will accommodate social distancing guidelines and will be cleaned and disinfected on a frequent schedule.
- Furniture will be wiped down with appropriate disinfectant upon departure of each guest in preparation for new guests.
- A hand sanitization station will be located on the pool deck with extra hand sanitizer available at the pool bar for guests and employees. All pool bar surfaces shall be wiped down with sanitizer frequently.
- Pages of the concierge books will be in plastic sleeves and disinfected after each customer use.
- Pool bathroom will be cleaned and disinfected after each use when possible and on a frequent schedule with special attention paid to high touch areas.
- Our standard cancellation policy has been modified to allow for all new and existing reservations due to check-in before/or on August 31st, 2020 will be able to change or cancel without charge up to 24 hours prior to arrival.